Hydraulic systems functions with the use of compact liquids such as oil to when transmitting power from one cylinder to another. The system has the ability to transmit more power compared to its counterparts pneumatic.
Due to the fact that the oils used are incompressible even under great pressure application. Hydraulic lifts are thus more appropriate in lifting and drilling in huge work systems.
Pneumatics system, unlike the hydraulic, uses compressed air at a super high-pressure technique to produce movements mechanism. Air is compressed by the compressor engine to produce thrust force which causes drill rotation.
The pneumatic system operates using the differential pressure principal where pressure difference between the high and low region causes the movements of the drills. A pneumatic system operates in the same way as the hydraulic systems only that the later uses incompressible liquids instead of air
Advantages of Pneumatic machines.
1. They are not the electric motor is driven thus they can be used in places without electricity such as in remote rural areas.
2. They can be operated in relatively moist conditions where electric drills will malfunction when used there.
3. They are easy and simple to operate.
These machines require little maintenance and repairing the very economical.
4. More powerful interns of the torques produced thus making them more efficient.
1. These devices produce much noise thus the operator has always to use earmuffs.
2. They cause huge vibration simultaneously which is likely to interfere with the blood circulation especially around the fingers.
Uses of pneumatic drills.
1. These machines are used in drilling solid substances such as quarry rocks, floors, woods in carpentry among other uses. They will be used in building, pavements demolitions when new construction is to be underway.
2. They are more efficient due to the fact that much of the force running the bits is obtained from gravity force that enlarges the bit pressure toward the surface is broken.
3. Pneumatic drills are not effective in drilling slopy floors or walls due to the fact that the machine weight requires support from the operator who has to apply vertical force to the machine against the surface being worked upon.
Various advantages of hydraulic drilling over the pneumatic drilling.
1. They will penetrate easily and faster in hard rocks compared to the pneumatic drilling. This is because the air operated pneumatic systems loses momentum when relatively high force is applied against them.
2. The hydraulic drills function is powered by the hydraulic system thus making the overall fuel consumption much less compared to the pneumatic drills where drills require lots of fuel to function.
3. The hydraulic drills produce high speed rotating drills to break the rocks from the torque power achieved by that momentum.
4. The hydraulic drills have a high pull up capacity which is controlled by the pressure system in the machine.
5. Hydraulic drills produce much less noise thus no noise pollution to the surrounding area.
6. They are capable of operating for a relatively long time compared to the pneumatic drills which can easily leak air if used for quite a long duration.